Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
2. everyday – One thing that I do pretty much every day is take pictures. I was excited last week when Alec actually asked me for last year’s project life album! It makes all the effort and commitment worthwhile when my family enjoys looking through last year’s memories. I think he was just looking for dirt bike photos, but I’ll take it!
3. furry – I lured Maisy with a treat over to a patch of wildflowers in the backyard.
4. life – It’s really starting to look like spring around here. I found these new blooms on a pear tree.
5. blurred – This is one of my favorite blurry shots. I took this of Brinkley last October. I love that her little tongue is sticking out while she’s running. It’s typical of her because she’s never still!
Saturday, February 26, 2011
1. my niece and her friend last weekend
2. a photo of Mason one morning before school
3. wildflowers growing on the side of the road
4. when Alec asks to look at last year’s 365 album, it makes all the effort worthwhile
5. a macro of my neighbor’s camellia
6. the never ending laundry
7. meticulously working on a school project
Friday, February 25, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I try to notice every day what the clouds look like around sunset time. I keep hoping I’ll get another opportunity like the one I had back in January when I took this photo at the lake in our neighborhood.
Yesterday evening I looked out the window and saw some interesting clouds so I hurried to the lake and this is what found.
iso 500, f/4.0, ss 1/2500
sooc (except for cropping)
clean edit (just adjusted the levels a bit and cloned out the two towers)
with the pw sunshine action applied at 60%
I think I like the one with the sunshine added, but Gary liked the original best.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Don’t you remember that commercial from when we were kids with the wise old owl and the tootsie roll pop? I bought Mason this t-shirt yesterday and he agreed to a quick before school photo shoot. So my “L” word is “licks”. Now I really wish I had a tootsie roll pop!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
We’ve had a colder than normal winter in south Louisiana with way too many nights with temps below freezing. But in the last week, the weather has been pretty close to perfect. We have lovely springs and falls here and the winters aren’t too bad either. It’s the summers that are brutal, but for now we’re enjoying this fabulous weather! We had cousins in town for the weekend and the kids had a great time playing in the backyard at grammy and papa’s house.
Sunday, February 20, 2011
2. numbers – I guess the numbers on their jerseys will have to do. I’m looking forward to all the cool numbers everyone else came up with.
3. canned food – Just a shelf in my pantry.
4. music – Here’s Mason just before his holiday concert at school last December.
5. stack – I had visions of stacking up some old books, but changed my mind when I saw the kids building sand castles in the back yard yesterday. We’re having such nice spring weather!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
1. checking his phone while we were dining out
2. the last basketball game of the season
3. riding the dirt bike
4. chocolates for valentine’s day
5. the chapel at a local hospital
6. still playing
7. a bird on our patio that needed a moment to recuperate from flying into our window
Thursday, February 17, 2011
We spent a gorgeous afternoon last weekend out in Montpelier where my father in law, Kirby, has some land. While we were there we planted two pear trees and a persimmon to add to the few fruit trees we already have. We all love it out there. This time we brought Maisy and she loved it too!
G cut some mistletoe out of one of the old pear trees.
Alec and Mason helped plant the new trees.
Of course, Alec had to take a break to ride his dirt bike.
I hope we get some yummy pears to eat this fall!
Our tiny little orchard has a grand total of seven trees. Is that enough to call it an orchard?