- cut and score a standard card base - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
- cut a 2 3/8" circle out of the front of your card centered about 1" from top
- cut a stitched rectangle 4 x 5 1/4" (you could skip this step and stamp directly on inside of card)
- adhere the stitched rectangle to the inside of card
- draw a pencil line around circle on inside of card
- stamp wreath on inside using the pencil guide
- stamp the sentiment on inside
- stamp and cut out the flowers and leaves
- cut a strip of cardstock 1 x 4 1/4" and stamp with dot border twice
- cut a strip of patterned paper 3/8 x 4 1/4"
- adhere strip of patterned paper to bottom of card front and then add the dotted strip with dimensional adhesive
- adhere flowers and leaves to front
I didn't realize that the wreath stamp has a top when I was stamping it, but I like the way it looked sideways so I left it. :) I stamped the sentiment in Versafine black ink, but I wanted the doodles on the flowers and leaves to be more subtle so I used Color Theory clean slate. I really love the way the stitched circle die from MFT leaves a stitched border on the outside of where the circle is cut (which I love!). There's also a stitched border on the edge of the inside of the circle. I saved that piece for my next card.
You may have noticed that my last few posts have all been about cards. I'm really enjoying making cards right now so that will probably be mostly what I share for a little while. After documenting my life with Project Life for five straight years I'm taking a short break! I'm still taking photos regularly so I have them when I'm ready to start again, but for now I'm having a blast playing with stamps and dies and making cute cards! And today I'm entering my card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
supplies used in today's card: